Monday, July 30, 2007

What cow?

Had myself a lovely evening tonight. I was in the Family Practice clinic this afternoon and it went quite well. My staff (the doctor in charge is called "staff") let me go see patients on my own and was very good about letting me present my own differential diagnosis and treatment options. (We get more autonomy this year than we did as third-year students.) And I was out of there by 5:30 (going home early by sub-I standards).

So I was riding high when I left and decided to go find a Vietnamese restaurant that my resident had recommended. Find it I did, ate there I did, and enjoyed it very much I did. In fact, it was the best Vietnamese food I've had in Iowa. Charmingly, the restaurant is called Da Kao, and their fliers feature a picture of a smiling cow--a bilingual visual pun! Well, I'm easily amused. Anyway, if you're ever in Sioux City check it out at 800 W 7th Street. It looks like this:



(Picture shamelessly plundered from here.)

After dinner I took the scenic route home through Grandview Park, which lives up to its name. A lovely summer evening with a view and Django Reinhardt's "Bricktop" playing on the radio. Sioux City might be a little rough around the edges here and there, but I'm growing attached to the place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Kireliols said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 31, 2007 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Kireliols said...

Thank God they didn't spell it Dachau

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home