Saturday, November 15, 2008

The return of On-call Liveblogging

I'm on call this weekend (a so-called "black weekend") and have the resident room all to myself at the moment, so I thought I'd revive an old category of blog posts.

These days it's Neurology: strokes, dizziness, seizures, and extra-big reflex hammers to elicit extra-big reflexes. (If you think I'm exaggerating and you ever have the chance to check out a neurologist in the hospital, eyeball the hammer -- they're big, heavy weights swung around on long handles. Much more effective than the little rubber triangles we're used to seeing.)

Hmmm, I can hear a commotion in the hall, so I'd better sign off for now. More later, perhaps....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Tom said...

My reflex if you hit me with that hammer might be to kick you with the other leg, the one you're not watching with your beady doctor eyes! (Kidding!)

 
At November 18, 2008 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Scott J. said...

"Dr. Thor to Emergency... paging Dr. Thor to Emergency!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home