Thursday, August 2, 2007

Noon Conference: Man vs. Beast

A lunch hour tradition at many hospitals is noon conference, when faculty, residents, and others from various disciplines gather for a lecture and lunch (free food being a major draw for the students). Yesterday I was in the E.R. late in the morning stitching up a laceration, so I was late to noon conference.

I walked in, not knowing the day's subject, and saw that the title of the PowerPoint slide up on the screen was "Mechanisms of Injury in Bison Attack." Wow, I thought, am I in the right room? Sure enough, it was a Wilderness Medical Society presentation on wild animal attacks. Much useful information was provided, such as recommendations for antibiotic treatment of alligator bites. You never know when that might come in handy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home