Monday, November 5, 2007

Pulling nails

I was an hour late getting off my shift tonight because I was busy pulling out this guy's fingernail. (He had crushed his fingertip and the nail had to go.) Usually when I'm part of the way through a procedure for which the patient has received local anesthetic I make sure that they still can't feel anything. But considering that this guy was sitting and smiling pleasantly at me, I was entirely confident that the anesthetic was working -- even without asking. His daughter, meanwhile, was looking on saying "oooh, this is so cool!"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 9, 2007 at 4:10 AM , Blogger michaelg said...

Dad has clearly raised his daughter well. Very cool.
So have you run into a procedure yet that has made you nauseous and pale?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home