Friday, April 4, 2008

Hello and thank you

A quick post from Veracruz, where I'm in the thick of things, including figuring out how to type on the local keyboards (with their different layouts and cryptic diacriticals). I remember once seeing a form where one's level of medical Spanish skill was graded from "Basic" to "Trauma" and thinking how intense it would be to work in another language in a trauma situation. Well, now I know. And yes, it's very intense. (My level of skill definitely isn't "Trauma" yet, especially when it's getting toward the end of a 36-hour shift.)

I wanted to be sure to offer my thanks to everybody who has sent me their good wishes about the Match results in the past couple of weeks, via comments on the blog and by e-mail. In addition, I offer my apologies for not replying in person. The week between Match Day and Mexico Departure Day was a bit hectic, and I haven't had much chance for internet access here so far.

In any case, I should have more internet access starting next week, and I've got some incredible stories to blog.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy, you've been busy! no need to apologize. sounds like you are experiencing many new adventures! woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home