Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Big pants

The Emergency Department in one of the hospitals where I'm working has special cranberry-colored scrubs for ED staff. They're sharper looking than the traditional greens, so they tend to disappear from the lockers quickly. I managed to get hold of tops that fit, but for the past several weeks I've been making do with the only size of pants that I could find, which are enormous. They hang low, and I have to roll up the legs so they don't drag on the floor. Plus, I'm constantly running the risk of them being pulled down by the various gadgets and reference materials that I carry -- something that would probably tend to undermine my medical authority.

The other day our program coordinator located two pairs of the correct color in my size. Now I can finally approach my next shift with the confidence that comes from knowing that my pants aren't about to fall down.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2008 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

-whew.- We can sleep better now.

 
At July 24, 2008 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Not to mention the substantially increased confidence enjoyed by your patients...

 
At July 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I can finally approach my next shift with the confidence that comes from knowing that my pants aren't about to fall down.

One of the best lines I've read on the internets in a few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home