Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where no Ben-Bob has gone before

The other day while in Radiology with a patient getting a CT scan I was having some trouble with the phone system. The helpful radiology techs were trying to explain it to me, but it still wasn't happening. Noticing the Spock and McCoy desktop wallpaper on a nearby monitor I said "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an engineer," which cracked them up -- because it was true!

Sure, it took over a decade and cost more than a house, but at least the MD is good for some yuks....

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2008 at 2:43 AM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

Rich! Anything for a well-timed ST quote.

 
At November 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Little Sister said...

I have always loved that line. Being from a family of engineers, it has always struck a funny chord with me.

 
At November 24, 2008 at 2:14 PM , Blogger suzieQ said...

Hey Ben,
As long as you don't start giving verbal orders ending with "make it so, No. 1" - you never know what you might get.
(It's another voice from DHS '84 -SR)

 
At November 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Your MD has certainly allowed you to give the right course of treatment for my funny bone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home