Friday, June 19, 2009

On-call Liveblogging: Labor & Delivery

Have a rare opportunity here in the middle of the night on L&D to revive my old habit of on-call liveblogging. Many babies delivered in the past weeks, including one the other day to a mom who declined anesthesia and labored to the end full of grace and with a smile on her face; very inspiring.

The new OB interns started yesterday. In fact, one of them moved in with the J-Bomb and myself. Seeing as how we now have a Peds, Emergency, and OB resident living together we should be able to handle any precipitous delivery that comes along in our apartment.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2009 at 4:18 AM , Blogger michaelg said...

I have a friend who video taped her all natural delivery. Like your patient, she was an absolute champ- focused, but happy througout. Her husaband, on the other hand, cried continuously in the background.

 
At October 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Lizardking25 said...

So I guess all those roommates pretty much rules out me being able to stay with you for a month if I am able to volunteer at the SF Free Medical Clinic in March? I would like to do a rotation out there to get my bearings, check out apartments, etc. Do you know any other residents/friends that would take on a boarder for a month who likes to cook and clean? Keep up the great work--I especially love your post about role modeling. You really can be nice and teach people at the same time, I swear. (-: Liz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home