Thursday, October 8, 2009

Smoke and a roar

I've been sleeping during the day, working night shifts, and this afternoon I was awakened by loud jet airplane noises. It took me a moment to realize that it's Fleet Week, and the Blue Angels were practicing. We live pretty far up the hill where the hospital sits, so those F-18s were flying just a few hundred feet above our apartment, rattling it pretty good. Ordinarily I'm into loud fast things, but I realized with a sinking feeling that they're going to be flying every afternoon -- on the days I need to be sleeping! Basically, I'm gonna have jet flighters waking me up at my equivalent of 3 am for the next several days. "Smoke and a roar," according to the Chronicle. Even more sleep deprivation than usual, according to me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home