Sunday, August 12, 2007

On-call Liveblogging: Baby, baby, baby...baby!

Whew. Four deliveries last night. Little cuties being passed around, placentas bouncing off the walls. A great day! (Well, night/day/night/morning, really.) Even managed to get a couple of hours of sleep. But we were looking a little ragged on postpartum rounds this morning. We're keeping an eye on the board today--right now nobody's in labor.

At this point I'm about 77 hours into my long march of duty and call, with about 30-some hours left to go. I'm heading up to the nursery now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2007 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Melinda June said...

I'm hoping those placentas were bouncing figuratively.

 
At August 12, 2007 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Grand Canyon Hiker said...

Fifteen years ago, I watched my son's birth, and the memory still evokes the emotions of the moment. I am visited again by these emotions when friends and family go through the same experience. How wonderful for you to witness that moment in a couple's life when nothing else will ever matter again.

Keep it up Ben. I'm told it only gets better.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Kireliols said...

When it rains, it pours babies. Congratulations! Take it from me, Mommies always remember the one who got their babes out. And they remember them well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home