Saturday, September 22, 2007

Back out

Yesterday I spent almost twelve hours in surgical cases, culminating in an excruciating forty-five minutes holding a 100-pound leg at an intervertebral disc-popping angle. Then on the way out of the O.R. suite I was reminded by the posters and screen savers appearing around the hospital lately that September is Pain Awareness Month. Didn't have to tell me that twice. Maybe I can befriend an orthopaedic surgeon on this rotation who can fix me up after it's done.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2007 at 10:40 AM , Blogger michaelg said...

Ouch. Knowing how resourcefuil Iowans are, I would think that they could have rolled in an engine hoist from a local garage to hold the leg up. What kind of surgery was this? Was the leg hairy?

 
At September 23, 2007 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Tom said...

I thought in Iowa the hospital normally IS the local garage??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home