Thursday, November 8, 2007

Leaving the 'Lawns

Just finished my last shift in the ER at Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines. It's been a great month -- I haven't been able to convey, in my humble blog posts, even a fraction of all the fascinating cases I've been seeing. And the staff here have been friendly, supportive, and dedicated teachers. It's bittersweet to be leaving. On my way out of the Emergency Department a patient stopped me in the hall. I had seen her when she came to the ER, and she was admitted to the hospital. She wanted to let me know how her tests came out, that she was doing much better, and thanked me for taking care of her. I can't think of a more poetic conclusion to my ER rotation.

And now, back to the student apartment to pack and hit the road back home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home