Friday, February 6, 2009

How long have you been here?

Today one of my patients observed that I had been in to see him yesterday morning, then again in the late afternoon, then again overnight, then again early this morning, and now he was seeing me in the afternoon today. He asked "did you work the night shift?" but then realized the explanation was that I'd simply been there all along. At that point he started talking about how he wouldn't get in a cab driven by someone who'd been working for more than 10 hours, and I figured it was time to redirect the conversation.

I guess I can't complain. I did manage to get 30 minutes of sleep during my 30-hour call. But it does get a bit grueling. And now off to bed, to get some sleep before the cycle starts again tomorrow morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home