Monday, December 29, 2008

Rashes of 'staches

Residents are, by definition, a group of stressed-out folks in a tough job. This leads to various sorts of bonding behavior. So, for example, earlier this fall roommate J-Bomb's group of pediatrics interns proclaimed the month after October to be Mo-vember, during which they would all sport 'staches. This was eventually cancelled, however, for fear that none of their patients' mothers would allow the male peds interns in a room with their children.

Now my moment of truth has come: the EM interns have declared next month to be Manuary. We're expected to grow beards and then, when suitable bushiness has been attained, to shave down to the ever-popular mustache. Team player that I am, I stopped shaving a few days ago. (A pleasant relief from an increasingly burdensome daily chore!) However, I'm not liking the scruffy visage that greets me in the mirror. So do I take part in the testosteronulous bonding ritual? Or do I assert my clean-shaven individuality? Medicine certainly requires us to make the tough decisions.

4 Comments:

At December 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

Just a mustache? Magnum PI has been canceled, even if you do live in the one city whose only flaw is that you can still find those ridiculous super-skimpy nylon running shorts for sale.

Go the Magic Marker route or make everyone else shave their heads.

Actually I have an adhesive mustache in my desk drawer (next to the squeeky clown nose) and will loan it out as needed.

The last word here: Stalin.

 
At January 6, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Melinda June said...

I've always liked you in facial hair. I say go for it, and take pictures.

 
At January 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

Mindy has pictures? C'mon, Girl! Give them up and let us see!

Ben: Etsy.com has once again provided a solution. They even have a Magnum PI model.

 
At January 18, 2009 at 3:40 PM , Blogger thomas robey said...

Is Manuary still in effect? Are there pictures?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home