Monday, March 23, 2009

Like a sailor

Like any urban county emergency department, we have our fair share of folks -- drunk, high, or just plain crazy -- who will rant and rave all night long using a variety of colorful obscenities. We try to keep them quiet so they don't disturb the other patients, but the ED staff has pretty much heard it all. However, the other night a woman on a gurney in the hall started up with a riff so obscene, so foul-mouthed, that those of us working at the main desk actually stopped what we were doing and looked up, thinking "did she really say that?" Let me tell you, it took some pretty extreme language to get that reaction from us. And no, I'm not going to share what she said.

1 Comments:

At May 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Melinda June said...

I know it's like two months since you've posted this but I'm just now re-entering blogworld. And may I say that you'd think 37 years of knowing me would have prepared you for this kind of language. Just saying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home