Saturday, October 24, 2009

Evening in Accra

All alone in Accra tonight, having left the gang behind in Mampong. The highlight of the flight from from the north was seeing Lake Bosumtwi -- a water-filled meteorite impact crater -- from the air.

Made it to the happening Osu district without much hassle and took myself out for what turned out to be kind of a nostalgic dinner. Needing to spend the last of my cedis before I fly out, I picked an expensive Chinese restaurant that came recommended where I had a delicious fish dish (the fish all along the coast in Ghana has been first-rate). Dining alone, I found myself reading over the meal in a Chinese restaurant full of Africans; weirdly reminiscent of many of my meals during my time in East Africa. And the waiter even brought a candle to the table for reading light!

Afterwards wandered around for a while, taking in the frenetic sights and sounds (and music) of Saturday night in a big West African city. But an early morning to catch my flight looms over me, so it'll be back to the hotel soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Blogger lovestruck said...

it's nice to see you people doing such a wonderful job in helping those who are in need..I hope millions of people will be like you guys.;)godbless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home