Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Sub-Intern's fond farewell to the Siouxland Medical Education Foundation

I came to Sioux City to do Sub-Interning,
Family Practice, a full month of learning.

My day starts with hospital rounds up on Five
Attempting to keep all the patients alive.

Now one of our patients is having a baby!
Will I get to deliver? The answer is... "maybe."

But wait, what's that sound? Could it be my pager?
There's a case of chest pain in the ER, I'll wager.

Later, overnight call keeps us up 'til all hours.
The next day nurses wonder if the Sub-Intern showers.

And so these four weeks have flown by much too fast.
(Will the knowledge I'm trying to memorize last?)

Now, sadly, it's time to be saying "adieu"
To the wonderful folks of the city named Sioux.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2007 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Tom said...

Who says sub-interns don't have time to compose rhyme?

 
At August 16, 2007 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Ben-Bob said...

Although a Sub-Intern's time is restricted,
Upon his blog readers rhyme will be inflicted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home