Saturday, May 3, 2008

That was close

Yesterday after finishing for the day I was walking under some trees behind the Med Labs building. There's a scenic little ravine back there with a grassy spot where employees gather for smoke breaks. We've had some storms lately and a lot of branches are down.

As I'm walking towards the road I hear a thud on the pavement. I turn around and there's a branch as long as I am tall lying on the pavement where I had been walking just seconds before. A woman standing nearby smoking said, without changing her expression, "that woulda hurt."

Only one week of medical school left. Perhaps this was an apt metaphor -- a narrow escape? I think I'm going to go buy a hard hat.

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Kireliols said...

What's green and fuzzy, has four legs and if it fell out of a tree on you, it could kill you?














a pool table

 
At May 9, 2008 at 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope your luck keeps up; you'll need it out in earthquake land...
kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home