Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mass casualty incident

Long time, no post. A week of vacation followed my last post, and now I've started R2 year -- the second year of residency.

I worked an overnight shift last night on the Pediatrics team. When I arrived in the Emergency Department things were pretty chaotic; there had been what we call a mass casualty incident: two light rail trains had collided. As you can imagine the department was pretty backed up, but fortunately no one who presented to our hospital was too badly hurt. One of the trains involved was headed to a Chinese-American neighborhood, so when I got there the halls were full of elderly Chinese people in cervical collars.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 20, 2009 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Kireliols said...

Is it wrong to chuckle at "elderly Chinese people in cervical collars?" Because, I did.

 
At July 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Tom said...

I'm half way toward developing a joke. "Halls full of elderly Chinese people in cervical collars" is the straight line. I'm still developing the punch line though...

 
At July 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Tom said...

It's got to be a kicker but not racist.

Hmm...

I'm leaning towards using a pun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home