Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Train

We got a bit of a snowstorm today and late this afternoon I was walking through it, heading for the library. At one point my path to the hospital complex crosses a bridge over railroad tracks, and I stopped to watch a train going by underneath. It looked quite beautiful in the snow, with a layer of white on each car covering the rust and giving off wispy streamers. The snow was heavy enough that I couldn't see more than ten or twelve cars ahead in the snowfall; the train just melted away into the whiteness car by car. Eventually the blinking red light on the last car was all that could be seen in the haze.

It all seemed sort of symbolic, but symbolic of what I don't know.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2007 at 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends.

Don't worry, the train will return.

 
At December 8, 2007 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Mnmom said...

I like walking outside at night during a snowfall. It's like the whole world has been put on mute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home