Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eclipsed

Having carefully considered my dilemma, I opted to face the deep freeze and go outside to see the lunar eclipse. I watched until just before it was full, and it was an astronomical spectacle well worth braving the cold for. Sadly, however, I was robbed of any claim of toughness. As I stood there in my sweater and fleece and heavy coat and long underwear and three hats and two pairs of gloves, a guy came out of the building carrying a tripod and wearing only a fleece -- and no hat! "Watching the moon?" he asked. I was too humbled to reply with more than a mutter.

As fate would have it, cloud cover soon blew in, sparing me any further frostbitten embarrassment.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

in all fairness, i'll bet the guy wearing no hat at least had hair...

 
At February 25, 2008 at 4:25 PM , Blogger michaelg said...

We had a great view from the sofa. No cold for these boys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home