Saturday, December 8, 2007

Voluntarily snowbound

Madame L continues to taunt me (but I know she means it in a nice way) with reports of how much better the weather is in the Bay Area than in my frozen neck of the woods.

However. The other day I had parked my car on the street overnight, returning the next day to find it under several inches of snow. It was a wet snow, so all of the windows were covered, including the door windows. I got in to retrieve the scraper/sweeper, but instead, without really thinking, I just closed the door and sat there. It was quiet on the street, like it usually is during a snowfall, and inside the car the snow blocking the windows made for a sort of peaceful twilight. It was very relaxing to sit there for a while in the quiet half light.

Or maybe studying for the upcoming board exam just has me entirely too stressed out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 8, 2007 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

Like Melina June asks when England will be on the travel docket, I want you and the Lady M. somewhere warm, nearby and full of it's own self-contained magic. Somewhere where breaking a hip in a weather related incident is a more rare occurrence.

 
At December 8, 2007 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Mnmom said...

I was in CA last April and almost broke a hip tripping over the homeless guy smoking doobie on the beach. Guess I'd have to fall VERY HARD to break a hip on sand but you get my meaning.

I LOVE SNOW!

 
At December 10, 2007 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Madame Leiderhosen said...

When is the board exam, anyhow?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home