Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If it's Tuesday, this must be Indianapolis

Tomorrow morning I head out for another interview, and tonight United Airlines e-mails (and calls!) to inform me that the flight's been canceled. Momentary irritation gives way to relief that mechanical problems are responsible for the grounding -- let's not take any risks in that department, okay?

However, I must be reaching some sort of interview travel saturation point. When I got the call, it took a second to register: "I'm flying someplace tomorrow? Hmm, I wonder what city I'm flying to?" At least, being at home this evening for once instead of in a hotel room, I can place what city I'm in at the moment. Just too many flights in too few days recently, I guess.

On the other hand, even though travel fatigue is setting in I remain excited to see each new residency program. It really is fun to get a cross section of Emergency Medicine nationwide. And United was very good about re-booking me on other flights; I'll be late, but I'll get there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home