Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eye-mergency!

Things were eventful yesterday in eye clinic. Upon hearing the description of a patient's upcoming eye surgery, the patient's spouse collapsed. It caused quite a commotion -- we don't run many codes in Ophthalmology. We got this person revived and up in a chair, when my staff told me that another patient was having chest pain and could I transport to the ER? I stole the wheelchair from the first room and made the delivery. Upon arriving in the ER I found that none other than the director of our EM residency program was staffing -- so I had a chance to chat about the upcoming residency match in the context of some actual on-the-fly emergency medicine. Fortunately all patients' eye problems, loss of consciousness, and chest pain were under control by the end of the afternoon. Today we stuck strictly to eye issues.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home